Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers
Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers detects and removes viruses, spyware, and other threats on files uploaded to and downloaded from your SharePoint server(s). Using Symantec’s award-winning antivirus technologies it quickly scans files for potential threats. The product integrates into the SharePoint Administration Console to provide easy and seamless management of your SharePoint server environment.
Protection for Sharepoint Servers Implementation Guide
- Scanning—Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers performs real-time scans of files as they are uploaded to and downloaded from your SharePoint server(s).
- Reporting—Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers allows administrators to obtain updates on virus activity within the SharePoint environment via regularly scheduled or on demand reports.
- Management—Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers features a new management interface that is easier to use and administer.
- Makes recovering quarantined files easy. The quarantine stores the file and its metadata, simplifying and speeding up the process for restoring files.
- New management interface makes the product even easier to use and simpler to administer, saving organizations valuable time and allowing them to address key strategic IT initiatives.
- Prevents your SharePoint server from becoming a repository of infected files by scanning and cleaning files stored in SharePoint which are not accessible to endpoint AV solutions.
- Allows for manual and scheduled scanning of the SharePoint document library.
- Delivers fast response and remediation to any malware threats and is backed by the Award-winning Symantec Antivirus Engine - winner of an unmatched 40 consecutive VB100 (Virus Bulletin) awards.
- Integrates tightly with Microsoft’s SharePoint Administration Console to provide a single management interface for configuring all SharePoint settings, both locally and remotely.
- Supports Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 and 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and Windows® SharePoint Services 2.0 and 3.0.
- Can be used with Symantec Enterprise Vault for SharePoint and Symantec Backup Exec for SharePoint to deliver a comprehensive security, archiving, and data recovery solution.