Italian National Cancer Institute
Europe, Middle East, Africa | Healthcare | Enterprise
In 2005, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori’s CIO Elena Sini teamed with the clinical team to extend RFID technology for managing patient care. The objective was to streamline and automate certain care-delivery tasks while creating a single record that logs all activities for each patient.
Subscribe to the Series
Subscribe to Symantec Podcasts to automatically receive these podcasts as they are published.
Subscribe using iTunes
Subscribe using other software
OR copy/paste the URL below into your reader’s subscription field to add the feed.
- G-ABLE Company Limited
- MFEC Public Company Limited
- Industry: Medical
- Founded: 1925
- Number of staff: 2,000
- Number of patients: 15,000 inpatients and 1.1 million outpatients annually
- Number of research papers: 300+ annually
- Research and care: Pre-clinical and clinical oncology
- End users: 2000
- Hardware: 1600 computers, 100 servers
- Operating systems: Windows XP, vista, 7 and Mac OSX for pc; Windows 2003, 2008 and AIX, SuSe, centOS for servers
- Virtualization: 50 virtual server (Windows 2003, 2008)
- Storage: 165 TB