MM Electrical Merchandising
Asia Pacific, Japan | Distribution | Enterprise
As MM Electrical Merchandising grew, so did pressure on its email storage. The company needed to integrate archiving for its Microsoft Exchange email system with Lotus Notes from a sister company, so it turned to Symantec solutions. Results include fast, transparent deployment, a reduction in email storage requirements, 6,000 AUD in cost avoidance, and the completion of email searches, which once took hours, in just minutes.
Organization Profile MM Electrical Merchandising
(MMEM) is a major operator in the electrical wholesaling industry in Australia, with more than 2,100 employees staffing 197 service centres. Headquartered in North Rocks, a suburb of Sydney, the company is a subsidiary of Metal Manufactures Limited.
- Applications: Lotus Notes Version 7.02, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Progress Databases
- Servers: Custom built servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and SCO UnixWare
- Storage: Server internal storage and custom built disk arrays
- Tape Library: Tandberg SDLT 600