July 30, 2009
The ESM modules for Sybase ASE are used to assess the security compliance of Sybase ASE servers 12.5.2, 12.5.4, 15.0.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.2, and 15.0.3.
For detailed descriptions of new features and enhancements, download the Symantec Enterprise Security Manager™ Modules for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Release Notes.
This release of Symantec Enterprise Security Manager™ Modules for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 3.0 provides the following enhancements:
- New platform support :
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux - AS/ES (32-bit and 64-bit)
- New Sybase version support:
- Sybase 15.0.2
- Sybase 15.0.3
- LiveUpdate support
- New Sybase ASE Discovery module
The Sybase ASE Discovery module is a host based module and does the following:
- Automates the process of detection and configuration of new Sybase ASE servers that are not yet configured on
the ESM agent computers.
- Detects the uninstalled Sybase ASE servers that are still configured on the ESM agent computers.
- Automatically removes the deleted Sybase ASE servers from the configuration file.
- Five new checks in the Sybase ASE Account module
- Accounts with default master databases
- Accounts with system roles
- Database user aliases
- Inactive accounts
- Login triggers
- Five new checks in the Sybase ASE Configuration module
- Net password encryption
- Database on master device
- Sample databases
- Sybase homes
- Trusted remote logins
- Five new checks in the Sybase ASE Discovery module
- Detect new database server
- Detect deleted database server
- Automatically add new database server
- Automatically remove deleted database server
- Validate configuration
- Four new checks in the Sybase ASE Object module
- Accounts with CREATE permission
- Accounts with set proxy permission
- Grantees to check
- Stored procedure signature
- Ten new checks in the Sybase ASE Password Strength module
- Hide guessed password details
- Login options(account)
- Maximum failed login attempts
- Maximum reported messages
- Monitor password age
- Password complexity parameters
- Roles to check
- Roles - maximum failed login attempts
- Roles - minimum password length
- Roles - password expiration
- Two new checks in the Sybase ASE Roles and Groups module
- Accounts to check
- Granted prohibited roles
- New Templates
- One new template in the Sybase ASE Object module - Sybase Stored Procedure Signatures.
- One new template in the Sybase ASE Password Strength module - Sybase Password Parameter.
: The ESM Application modules for Sybase ASE server 3.0 are now supported on ESM 9.0.1.
Last modified on: July 30, 2009