April 30, 2009
The Patches module checks for the presence of the operating system and application patches that strengthen system security. The Patch information is stored in Patch templates.
Symantec updates the Patch templates with the Symantec ESM policy installer. This ensures that the updated Patch templates for the supported operating systems and applications are available for the policies that are delivered with the Security Update releases. Installing this update adds or updates the Patches policy and the associated template files on the Symantec ESM manager.
This rapid response patch update for Symantec Enterprise Security Manager reports the operating system and application patches for UNIX operating system. There are a total of 1695 new patch signatures and 119 updated patch signatures in 6 templates.
The new templates are as follows:
- patch.pai (IBM AIX - 113 updated)
- patch.ph1 (HP-UX 11.00 - 11.31 PA-RISC - 44 new)
- patch.ph2 (HP-UX 11.23 - 11.31 for Itanium-based systems - 38 new)
- patch.plx (RedHat Linux and Enterprise Linux - 787 new)
- patch.ps6 (Sun Solaris 2.6+ - 27 new, 2 updated)
- patch.psl (SUSE Linux - 799 new, 4 updated)
This rapid response policy includes updates to the Patches module templates that detect new vendor-released patches on the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 Zlinux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 for Itanium Processor Family
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 PPC64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 for AMD64 and EM64T (x86_64)
Last modified on: April 30, 2009