August 28, 2009
The Patches module checks for the presence of the operating system and application patches that strengthen system security. The Patch information is stored in Patch templates.
Symantec updates the Patch templates with the Symantec ESM policy installer. This ensures that the updated Patch templates for the supported operating systems and applications are available for the policies that are delivered with the Security Update releases. Installing this update adds or updates the Patches policy and the associated template files on the Symantec ESM manager.
This rapid response patch update for Symantec Enterprise Security Manager reports the operating system and application patches for UNIX operating system. There are a total of 1159 new patch signatures and 145 updated patch signatures in 6 templates.
The new templates are as follows:
- patch.pai (IBM AIX - 4 new)
- patch.ph1 (HP-UX 11.00 - 11.31 PA-RISC - 75 new)
- patch.ph2 (HP-UX 11.23 - 11.31 for Itanium-based systems - 74 new)
- patch.plx (RedHat Linux and Enterprise Linux - 680 new)
- patch.ps6 (Sun Solaris 2.6 and later - 38 new)
- patch.psl (SUSE Linux - 288 new, 145 updated)
This rapid response policy includes updates to the Patches module templates that detect new vendor-released patches on the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 Zlinux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 for Itanium Processor Family
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 PPC64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 for AMD64 and EM64T (x86_64)
Last modified on: August 28, 2009