April 30, 2010
The Patches module checks for the presence of the operating system and application patches that strengthen system security. The Patch information is stored in Patch templates.
Symantec updates the Patch templates with the Symantec ESM policy installer. This ensures that the updated Patch templates for the supported operating systems and applications are available for the policies that are delivered with the Security Update releases. Installing this update adds or updates the Patches policy and the associated template files on the Symantec ESM manager.
This rapid response patch update for Symantec Enterprise Security Manager reports the operating system and application patches for UNIX operating system.
There are a total of 1273 new patch signatures in 6 templates.
The new templates are as follows:
- oel-patch.plx (Oracle Enterprise Linux - 90 new)
- patch.pai (IBM AIX - 2 new)
- patch.ph1 (HP-UX 11.00 - 11.31 PA-RISC - 65 new)
- patch.ph2 (HP-UX 11.23 - 11.31 for Itanium-based systems - 47 new)
- atch.ps6 (Sun Solaris 2.6+ - 42 new)
- patch.psl (SUSE Linux - 1027 new)
This rapid response policy includes updates to the Patches module templates that detect new vendor-released patches on the following operating systems:
- AIX VIO Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 Zlinux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 Itanium Processor Family
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 PPC64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 for AMD64 and EM64T (x86_64)
Last modified on: April 30, 2010