July 30, 2010
The Patches module checks for the presence of the operating system and application patches that strengthen system security. The Patch information is stored in Patch templates.
Symantec updates the Patch templates with the Symantec ESM policy installer. This ensures that the updated Patch templates for the supported operating systems and applications are available for the policies that are delivered with the Security Update releases. Installing this update adds or updates the Patches policy and the associated template files on the Symantec ESM manager.
This rapid response patch update for Symantec Enterprise Security Manager reports the operating system and application patches for UNIX operating system.
There are a total of 1017 new patch signatures in 7 templates.
The new templates are as follows:
- oel-patch.plx (Oracle Enterprise Linux - 88 new)
- patch.pai (IBM AIX - 8 new)
- patch.ph1 (HP-UX 11.00 - 11.31 PA-RISC - 65 new)
- patch.ph2 (HP-UX 11.23 - 11.31 for Itanium-based systems - 67 new)
- patch.plx (RedHat Linux and Enterprise Linux - 397 new)
- patch.ps6 (Sun Solaris 2.6+ - 21 new)
- patch.psl (SUSE Linux - 371 new)
This rapid response policy includes updates to the Patches module templates that detect new vendor-released patches on the following operating systems:
- AIX VIO Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 Zlinux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 Itanium Processor Family
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 PPC64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 and 11 for AMD64 and EM64T (x86_64)
See the Symantec Enterprise Security Manager Data Sheet link:http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/ent-factsheet_enterprise_security_manager_6.5_06-2005.en-us.pdf
] for specific version information.
This policy is designed for Symantec ESM agents running SU 24 (and later) versions of the Patch module.
For more information on the latest agents, refer to ESM Agent Downloads section on the following Symantec Security Response Web site:
ESM 6.5.x or later users
: To automatically install, either use the LiveUpdate package entitled, Patch Policies – OS Comprehensive or click on the following link:
Download Patch Policy
For more information regarding this update, download the Patch Policy Release Notes
Last modified on: July 30, 2010