Date Discovered September 10, 2013
Description Microsoft SharePoint is prone to a denial-of-service vulnerability.
An attacker can exploit this issue to cause the application to become unresponsive, denying service to legitimate users.
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP2
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 SP3
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 for 32-bit SP3
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 for 64-bit SP3
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 SP1
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 SP2
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services for 32-bit 3.0 SP3
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services for 64-bit 3.0 SP3
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service. If global access isn't needed, filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of successful exploits.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.
Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Updates are available. Please see the references or vendor advisory for more information.
Copyright © Symantec Corporation.
Permission to redistribute this alert electronically is granted as long as it is not edited in any way unless authorized by Symantec Security Response. Reprinting the whole or part of this alert in any medium other than electronically requires permission from email@example.com
The information in the advisory is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing based on currently available information. Use of the information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are no warranties with regard to this information. Neither the author nor the publisher accepts any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising from use of, or reliance on, this information.
Symantec, Symantec products, Symantec Security Response, and firstname.lastname@example.org
are registered trademarks of Symantec Corp. and/or affiliated companies in the United States and other countries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks represented in this document are the sole property of their respective companies/owners.