- December 18, 2002
- February 13, 2007 11:54:26 AM
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP
- Is a mass-mailing worm that uses Microsoft Outlook to send itself to all the contacts in the Outlook Address Book
- Also attempts to spread through mIRC.
- Appends itself to all the .asp, .hta, .htm, .html, .msconfig, .php, .phtm, .phtml, .plg, .regedb32, .sfc, .shtm, and .shtml files in all the folders of all the drives, except in the root folders.
- Overwrites all the .vbs files in all the folders of all the drives with itself, except for the .vbs files in the root folders.
- Deletes the files Msconfig.exe and Regedit.exe.
The email can have various subjects, messages, and attachments.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version December 19, 2002
Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
Initial Daily Certified version December 19, 2002
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date December 24, 2002
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Yana Liu