- October 15, 2003
- February 13, 2007 12:12:10 PM
Also Known As:
- Bloodhound.VBS.Worm, I-Worm.WCGen [Kaspersky], VBS/Pica.worm.gen [McAfee]
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
VBS.Notup.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself to all the recipients in the Outlook Address Book.
The email message has the following characteristics:
- Subject: Symantec notification
- Message: We send you the latest updates for most protection of your system.
- Attachment: SymantecUpdates.vbs
Definitions prior to October 16, 2003 will detect this threat as Bloodhound.VBS.Worm.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version October 16, 2003
Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
Initial Daily Certified version October 16, 2003
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date October 22, 2003
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Douglas Knowles