- February 13, 2007 11:35:12 AM
- Steve Suslow (ipend.com)
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
Adware.iPend is an adware program that changes keywords in Web pages when a user is browsing the Web so that they become links to another Web site.
Adware.iPend periodically checks for, downloads, and executes updates to itself.
- Files detected as Adware.iPend.
- Internet Explorer crashes randomly.
- Unusual amount of links (unrelated to the current Web site) in Web pages that all point to the same advertisement link.
- The existence of any of the files listed in the "Technical Details" section.
Adware.iPend is usually installed when a Web site is visited. It may also be installed as a component of other programs. As the installation is silent, these Web sites or programs are responsible for displaying any kind of End User License Agreement (EULA) that would notify the user of the installation.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version October 2, 2014 revision 022
Latest Rapid Release version November 21, 2014 revision 020
Initial Daily Certified version October 24, 2003
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date October 29, 2003
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.