The W32.Mydoom.G@mm worm:
- Is a mass-mailing worm that opens a backdoor on TCP ports 80 and 1080
- Can download and execute arbitrary files
- Performs a Denial of Service (DoS) against www.symantec.com.
The worm arrives as an attachment with the file extension .bat, .com, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip. The From:
line of the email may be spoofed.
- Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
- Virus definitions version 60302u (extended version 03/02/2004 rev 21) detect this threat.
- W32.Mydoom.G@mm has an MD5 hash value of 0XE6809FE1B5AAD133127BF544687B39FC.
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.