- March 23, 2004
- February 13, 2007 12:20:06 PM
Also Known As:
- W32.HLLW.Polybot.B, W32/Gaobot.worm.gen.d [McAfee], Phatbot
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP
W32.Gaobot.SA is a worm that attempts to spread through network shares that have weak passwords and allows attackers to access an infected computer using a predetermined IRC channel.
The worm uses multiple vulnerabilities to spread, including:
- Virus definitions dated March 23, 2004 may detect this as W32.HLLW.Polybot.B.
- The worm has an MD5 hash value of 0xD8B1550B56992C19C34063653E50FD09.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version March 23, 2004
Latest Rapid Release version September 28, 2010 revision 054
Initial Daily Certified version March 23, 2004
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date March 24, 2004
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Fergal Ladley