The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
1. To update the definitions:
- Update the definitions.
- Uninstall the security risk.
- Run a full system scan.
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.2. To uninstall the security risk
This security risk includes an uninstallation applet. In order to uninstall this security risk, complete the following instructions:
3. To run the scan
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel or Start > Control Panel (this varies with the operating system).
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
Windows Me only: If you do not see the Add/Remove Programs icon, click ...view all Control Panel options.
- Click Asterisk Key.
Note: You may need to use the scroll bar to view the whole list.
- Click Add/Remove, Change/Remove, or Remove (this varies with the operating system). Follow the prompts.
Note: After running the Add/Remove programs applet, all the files may have been removed. You will want to run a full system scan to ensure that this is the case. However, it is possible that no files will be detected after using Add/Remove programs.
Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.Note:
If you ran the Add/Remove programs applet as described in the previous section, all the files may have been removed, and thus none of them will be detected.