- February 13, 2007 11:40:49 AM
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
The Netster Smart Browse toolbar:
- Is an Internet Explorer toolbar with spyware-related functions.
- Has replaced the Internet Explorer search destination to netster.com.
- Tracks usage of search queries, clicked links on the toolbar, as well as search terms and other information in the netster.com server logs, which netster.com uses to better tailor future advertising content.
- The user names and email addresses can be taken from several opt-in parts of the toolbar and given to third parties for advertising purposes.
One or more files is detected as Spyware.Smartbrowse.
Spyware.Smartbrowse is installed via an ActiveX installer.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version October 2, 2014 revision 022
Latest Rapid Release version October 2, 2014 revision 022
Initial Daily Certified version November 23, 2004
Latest Daily Certified version September 28, 2010 revision 036
Initial Weekly Certified release date November 23, 2004
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.