- July 14, 2005
- February 13, 2007 12:42:33 PM
- Trojan Horse
SymbOS.Skulls.L is a Trojan horse that affects Symbian series 60 phones. The Trojan overwrites several applications and replaces the application icons with skull icons.
Symantec recommends the following to protect against this threat:
- If Bluetooth is not required, it should be turned off.
- If you require the use of Bluetooth, ensure that the device's visibility setting is set to "Hidden" so that it can not be scanned by other Bluetooth devices.
- Avoid use of device pairing. If it must be used, ensure that all paired devices are set to "Unauthorized". This requires each connection request to be authorized by the user.
- Do not accept unsigned applications (no digital signature) or applications sent from unknown sources. Be absolutely sure of the origin of the application before accepting it.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version July 15, 2005
Latest Rapid Release version April 14, 2015 revision 052
Initial Daily Certified version July 15, 2005
Latest Daily Certified version April 15, 2015 revision 001
Initial Weekly Certified release date July 15, 2005
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Robert X Wang