The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Trojan.Terred.
- Restore the infected files from a backup.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions. 1. To update the virus definitions
Running LiveUpdate to obtain the latest virus definitions for Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds. For instructions on how to do this, read the document, "Updating virus definitions for Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds Corporate Edition 3.2
." 2. To scan for and delete the infected files
3. To restore infected files from a backup
- Start Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds and make sure that it is configured to scan the main storage and mounted file systems.
- Run a scan.
- If any files are detected as infected with Trojan.Terred, write down the file names.
Overwrite any files that were detected as infected with Trojan.Terred from a known, virus-free backup.