- March 22, 2012
- March 22, 2012 2:31:38 PM
Android.Faketoken is a Trojan horse that opens a back door on the compromised device.
Android Package File
Application Name: TokenGenerator
When the Trojan is being installed, it requests permissions:
- Check the phone's current state.
- Access information about networks.
- Send SMS messages.
- Monitor incoming SMS messages.
- Open network connections.
- Write to external storage devices.
- Install or delete other packages.
- Read contact data.
- Start once the device has finished booting.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version March 16, 2012 revision 041
Latest Rapid Release version February 19, 2013 revision 016
Initial Daily Certified version March 17, 2012 revision 009
Latest Daily Certified version March 17, 2012 revision 009
Initial Weekly Certified release date March 28, 2012
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Wild Level: Low
Number of Infections: 0 - 49
Number of Sites: 0 - 2
Geographical Distribution: Low
Threat Containment: Easy
Damage Level: Medium
Payload: Opens a back door on the compromised device.
Distribution Level: Low
Target of Infection: Android devices.
Writeup By: Branko Spasojevic