- November 26, 2013
- December 12, 2013 2:14:03 PM
CVE-2012-1823, CVE-2012-2311, CVE-2012-2335, CVE-2012-2336
The following instructions pertain to Symantec AntiVirus for Linux.
1. To update the virus definitions
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan.
Symantec Security Response fully tests all the virus definitions for quality assurance before they are posted to our servers. There are two ways to obtain the most recent virus definitions:
- Running LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions. For Symantec AntiVirus for Linux, LiveUpdate definitions are updated daily.
- Downloading the definitions using Intelligent Updater. The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are posted daily. You should download the definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site and manually install them.
2. To run a full system scan
To run a full system scan in Linux, open a command line and type the following:
sav manualscan --scan /
If any files are detected, follow the instructions displayed by your antivirus program.
Note: On May 14, 2015, modifications will be made to the threat write-ups to streamline the content. The Threat Assessment section will no longer be published as this section is no longer relevant to today's threat landscape. The Risk Level will continue to be the main threat risk assessment indicator.
Writeup By: Kaoru Hayashi