- March 10, 2014 11:51:09 PM
- Potentially Unwanted App
Android.FindAndCall is a Potentially Unwanted Application for Android devices that may leak information.
Android package file
The Trojan may arrive as a package with the following characteristics:
When the Trojan is being installed, it requests permissions to perform the following actions:
- Access location information, such as GPS information.
- Open network connections.
- Access location information, such as Cell-ID or WiFi.
- Initiate a phone call without using the Phone UI or requiring confirmation from the user.
- Check the phone's current state.
- Write to external storage devices.
- Read user's contacts data.
- Read SMS messages on the device.
Once installed, the application will display an icon with a white outline of a phone against a pink background.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version October 2, 2014 revision 022
Latest Rapid Release version February 1, 2015 revision 020
Initial Daily Certified version pending
Latest Daily Certified version pending
Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Writeup By: Mario Ballano