Symantec Extended Validation Code Signing
The #1 Code Signing Provider to Developers and Publishers Worldwide
Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing offers a more secure process of signing code, allows for greater confidence in the integrity of your application, and provides a more frictionless experience for users downloading your application. Programs signed with an EV Code Signing certificate can immediately establish reputation with SmartScreen® reputation services in Internet Explorer and Windows® 8.
Protect Your Applications – and Reputation – with Symantec EV Code Signing
The EV Code Signing process can provide reputation service within browsers, operating systems and security software an additional source of confidence in applications signed with EV Code Signing certificates. Symantec has partnered with Microsoft to integrate EV Code Signing certificate status with their SmartScreen® reputation services in Internet Explorer and Windows 8. Programs signed by an EV Code Signing certificate can immediately establish reputation with SmartScreen reputation services even if no prior reputation exists for that file or publisher. This means there are potentially fewer warning messages when a user tries to run your application.
- Reputation in Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 9
- Extended Validation Authentication
- Hardware Token and PIN Included in Signing Process
- Digitally sign 32-bit and 64-bit user-mode (.exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, and .xap files) and kernel-mode software
- Free 24/7 Support
- More Frictionless User Experience - Users may experience fewer warning messages when trying to run your application.
- Increased User Confidence - Extended Validation authentication means that users can be more confident in your identity and the integrity of your application.
- More Secure Code Signing - The necessary hardware token and PIN involved in the signing process mean that your EV Code Signing certificate can only be used by the designated developer at his workstation.
- World Class Customer Support that you can depend on from Symantec.
It’s time to stop and take a moment to consider cyber security, says the Australian Government. Once a year, the government gets together in partnerships with industry, the community, and consumer organisations to help make people aware of basic steps they can and should do to protect their personal and financial information.
Posted: May 22, 2013 2:28:49 AM