Symantec Shared Service Provider PKI
Rigorous Government Compliance for FIPS 201, HSPD-12, and more
Symantec Shared Service Provider PKI Service provides an SSP PKI service and a complementary Card Management System to enable Federal agencies to comply with FIPS 201. Federal agencies can leverage Symantec’s highly available and scalable Internet-based infrastructure to help ensure the availability of their mission-critical strong authentication services.
The Business Benefit of HSPD-12
Learn about HSPD-12 and how Symantec PKI can help.
Symantec HSPD-12 Solutions
Learn how the Shared Service Provide PKI meets your HSPD -12 compliance needs.
- Cloud-based Infrastructure: Symantec hosts and operates multiple, dedicated CAs for each federal agency.
- Out of the Box Integration: Integrates with Symantec Card Management System and proven compatibility with other vendor smartcard management systems. GSA FIPS 201 approved middleware provides dynamic support for PKI credentials stored on a smart card or security device.
- Supports a Full Suite of Digital Certificates: Designed to meet Federal agency security needs, including four (4) certificates on the PIV card and other device certificates for PIV content signing, OCSP responders, and Windows domain controllers.
- Proven, Trusted Solution: Employs the same PKI technology that is used throughout Symantec’s military-grade public key infrastructure and Network Operations Centers. Annual WebTrust and SAS-70 compliance audits are conducted by an independent, accredited third-party.
- Cost-Effective: By leveraging Symantec Shared Service Provider PKI Service, federal and non-federal agencies save significantly versus implementing and managing their own PKI environment.
- Rapid Deployment: Agencies can be issuing PKI-based credentials within days of signing up for Symantec Shard Service Provider PKI Service.
- Mission-Critical Reliability: Delivers reliability and availability levels that help meet mission-critical needs; including 24x7x365 monitoring, management, archiving, and full disaster recovery.
Symantec VIP added some new functionality in past few months.
VIP Third-Party Integrations
Symantec VIP provides almost 30 enterprise third party application plug-ins integrating seamlessly with industry standard VPNs, enterprise access manager and single sign on products, remote desktop access products, and end-point authentication modules over...
Posted: May 10, 2013 7:38:59 PM