Symantec Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP)
Protect networks, applications, and data against unauthorized access
Symantec Validation and ID Protection Service is a leading cloud-based strong authentication service that enables enterprises to secure access to networks and applications while preventing access by malicious unauthorized attackers. A unified solution providing both two-factor and risk-based token-less authentication, VIP is based on open standards and can easily integrate into enterprise applications.
Symantec Validation and ID Protection Service
Low-cost and easy-to-use cloud-based authentication.
Q2eBanking: Symantec Validation and ID Protection Solution (3:21)
Q2eBanking executives discuss the benefits of Symantec’s validation and authentication services in providing secure and confident transactions for the community banks and credit unions that are its clients.
- Cloud-based authentication service deploys without requiring hardware or software installation.
- Wide choice of hardware and software one-time password (OTP) credentials, including free mobile phone credentials
- Leverage device and behavior profiling to deliver strong authentication without requiring hardware or software credentials.
- Integrates with enterprise infrastructure via RADIUS out-of-the-box or through plug-ins into popular enterprise applications. Find a complete list of third-party integrations.
- Out-of-box self-service application–including token activation, token synchronization.
- Enables compliance: Helps enable compliance by establishing controls over access to sensitive networks, applications, and data
- Reduces capital costs: Eliminates the expense of building and maintaining in-premise infrastructure
- Accelerates time-to-security: Speeds deployments by eliminating infrastructure and physical tokens
- Delivers scalability: Carrier-class availability and reliability accommodates rapid changes in user base
Symantec VIP added some new functionality in past few months.
VIP Third-Party Integrations
Symantec VIP provides almost 30 enterprise third party application plug-ins integrating seamlessly with industry standard VPNs, enterprise access manager and single sign on products, remote desktop access products, and end-point authentication modules over...
Posted: May 10, 2013 7:38:59 PM