Veritas Operations Manager Advanced
Storage Reporting Software
Veritas Operations Manager Advanced is a comprehensive discovery and reporting platform. Gain visibility of storage usage and maintain high storage utilization with built-in and custom reports providing an enterprise view across one or more data centers. Discover physical or virtual machines from any major vendor utilizing the agent or agentless deployment options. Promote responsible storage usage with chargeback reports and remediate wasted storage using Storage Foundation’s active management features.
Tell us your experience about Veritas Operations Manager or Veritas Operations Manager Advanced and get a chance to win a $2000 gift card!
View more details
NPD Group, Inc.
Enabling 24-fold faster reporting while enhancing data center visibility with Symantec solutions.
Read this success story
New Features of Version 5.0
Assess storage utilization across all top tier SAN and NAS arrays
- Discover, analyze risk, get utilization, and forecast for storage usage on all top tier SAN and NAS storage arrays.
- Correlation with hosts provides an end-to-end view along the entire storage supply chain. Use the built-in NAS reports to plan and assess exploding unstructured data growth.
Plan and prevent application downtime with storage forecasting
- Plan storage needs by forecasting storage growth of arrays, applications, and file systems.
- Create custom reports using easy wizard driven menus and prevent downtime to mission critical applications.
Get availability and shared storage reports based on multi-vendor clustering discovery
- Discover multi-vendor clustering technologies such as Veritas Cluster Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, and VMware HA to get availability reports and trend analysis for storage usage, uptime, and failover events.
- Create custom chargeback reports that accurately account for shared storage across multi-vendor clusters.
Accelerate operations by automatically assigning assets to business hierarchies
- Use the new rules driven business view assignment engine to automatically update existing business views with assets, such as hosts, file systems, and arrays.
- All business view driven reports will automatically reflect information related to the new assets providing accurate reports without having to do the manual work of assigning assets.
- Discover all servers in the entire datacenter using an agent or agentless discovery mechanism. No additional deployment needed for servers with Storage Foundation or Veritas Cluster Server.
- Achieve deep application to spindle visibility for all major physical and virtual environments including performance metrics for servers, HBAs, and arrays.
- Perform a quick storage assessment with built-in reports and analyze current storage usage trends and storage growth forecasts of applications.
- Obtain a global waterfall chart showing the storage configuration and allocation at the array in addition to the consumption at the host and application level.
- View configuration details from multiple data centers around the globe across multi-vendor storage, server, and virtualization platforms from a single Enterprise Server enabling broad customizable reporting for storage assessment and utilization.
- Define costs associated with storage tiers and get chargeback reports for consumed storage across customizable attributes, such as geographies, business units, or applications.
- Create personalized reports using embedded business intelligence tools saved to a central dashboard with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop reporting tool.
- Comprehensive storage assessment allows organizations to gain visibility into storage resources across multiple data centers and customizable geographical, physical, and organizational boundaries.
- Control costs by identifying storage waste, and then remediate those inefficiencies through the capabilities of Storage Foundation by reclaiming, shrinking, and compressing with no application downtime.
- Improve storage capacity planning to prevent service outage by identifying misaligned storage and applications.
- Promote responsible storage usage by making users accountable with chargeback reports.
- Ensure high application SLAs with availability reports across multiple sites, including trend analysis for storage usage, uptime, and failover events across major availability solutions, such as Veritas Cluster Server and Microsoft Cluster Server.