Additional Training Options
Make the most of your time in Las Vegas, as well as the access you have to our product experts for extra training and certification opportunities. We know time away from the office can be limited, and so can travel and training budgets, to be sure to leverage these options for additional technical workshops and certification exams at great discounts.
Be one of the first 100 people to register and complete a Symantec Certification exam for FREE!
Symantec Certification Exams
Symantec offers Specialist certification credentials for many availability and security products as a means to validate an individual's technical skills, knowledge, and competence. Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.View the available exams
You will be able to register for certification exams during your registration process. Please enter the number of exams you wish to take in the Quantity Field on the right. Each exam is $75 and can be taken onsite at Symantec Vision Monday – Thursday.
A representative from the certification team will contact you (within 2 weeks of registering for an exam) with instructions on how to sign up for the specific exam you wish to take, in addition to details on where to go onsite, hours of testing, etc.
- FREE for the first 100 people to register and complete an exam
- Regular pricing is $75
Pre-conference workshop registration is now available!
This is your opportunity to attend Symantec deep-dive workshops at greatly discounted rates. In addition, with each paid pre-conference workshop for which you register, you will receive a FREE certification exam voucher that will allow you to take an exam onsite at the Vision conference at no charge.
We will be offering 7 workshops in 2013. All of these classes are scheduled on Monday, 4/15. You may select your desired workshop as part of your registration process. Each workshop is priced at $345.
Clearwell Transparent Predictive Coding Overview and Demo Workshop: Monday, 4/15 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
In this workshop we will discuss the theory and practice of using Clearwell Transparent Predictive Coding. Topics include:
- Predictive Coding description
- Transparent Predictive Coding benefits
- Predictive Coding case law
- Predictive Coding Concepts and terminology
- A demo on the use of Transparent Predictive Coding with Clearwell.
NetBackup Workshop: Monday, 4/15 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
What’s new in NetBackup 7.5? All of the new and enhanced features will be discussed. Highlights include:
- Virtualization backup improvements
- New Symantec Replication Director
- The new NetBackup Search feature.
- The NetBackup Accelerator for streamlined disk backups.
- Improved deduplication
- The new Cloud-based storage features
- OpsCenter enhancements
Symantec Endpoint Protection Workshop: Monday, 4/15 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Understanding Symantec Endpoint Protection – This half day presentation introduces the attendee to the technologies used in the Symantec Endpoint Protection product to secure client stations in today’s volatile network environments. This tutorial is for those who are currently evaluating Symantec Endpoint Protection or need a broad knowledge of the products functionality.
Backup Exec 2012 Workshop: Monday, 4/15 – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
What’s new in Backup Exec 2012? All of the new and enhanced features will be discussed. Highlights include:
- Private Cloud Services
- Data Lifecycle Management
- Patch Management
- Virtual Conversion
- Notification and Scheduler Enhancements
- Simplified Disaster Recovery
- Archival Enhancements
- Deduplication Enhancements
- Exchange Enhancements
- Virtualization Enhancements
- Sharepoint Enhancements
- New Management Command Line Interface
Clearwell Collection Overview: Monday, 4/15 – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
In this session we will discuss the theory and practice of using Clearwell Collections.
- Identification and Collection Fundamentials
- Collections Overview
- Setting up Collections
- Creating Sources and Source Accounts
- Collection Tasks including EV hold in place
- Creating a Collection Set
- A demo on the use of Collection module with Clearwell.
Data Loss Prevention Workshop: Monday, 4/15 – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
How Symantec Data Loss Prevention Protect Confidential Information – This half day presentation presents the techniques used to detect and manage confidential information in your corporate infrastructure. This technical tutorial is for those considering DLP for their company or those interested in knowing the products capabilities.
Symantec Endpoint Virtualization 6.1 SP8: Monday, 4/15 – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Symantec Endpoint Virtualization 6.1 SP8 course is designed for the IT professional tasked with responsibility for delivering and provisioning applications in a cost-effective method. – This half day presentation introduces the attendee to the technologies used in the Symantec Endpoint Virtualization. The topics included in this workshop are:
Symantec Workspace Streaming
- Installation and configuration
- Streaming System Configuration
- Streaming Agent and Agent Policy Configuration
- Managing applications for Streaming
Symantec Virtual Composer
- Understanding the packing process
- Package creation overview
- Application packing and upgrades