Westchester County’s Department of Information Technology supports 30 specialized departments and divisions, as well as a number of noncore IT services across the county. The sheer size of the county and diversity of support activities makes securing systems and assets a complex activity. To strengthen security overall, the county partnered with Symantec to implement a number of solutions and provide comprehensive, end-to-end protection that significantly reduced risk countywide.
Filling security gaps to mitigate risks
To strengthen overall security, Westchester County needed an industry partner that could serve as the backbone of operations, as well as offer:
- Integration with other solutions deployed across the county
- A complete portfolio of solutions to fill any security gaps
- A holistic approach to cybersecurity that includes managed services
End-to-end protection for all County systems
Symantec worked with Westchester County's IT organization to implement and manage a comprehensive, end-to-end protection for all county systems and information, significantly improving Westchester County’s overall security posture and, importantly, reducing risk.
- Increased security for county systems and operations
- Reduced risk across the entire county IT environment
- An adaptive security infrastructure that can evolve with the threat environment
"We knew what Symantec offered fit with what we needed, and their solutions easily integrate with the other technologies we have in our systems, giving us the flexibility we needed."