Today's announcement introduces the latest in a wide range of Symantec co-branded, easy-to-use online security products offered across several global Yahoo! services including Yahoo! Toolbar, Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! HotJobs. The new Norton Internet Security provided by Yahoo! is an all-in-one security suite, featuring Norton AntiVirus™ and Norton Personal Firewall, which automatically protects consumers online by:
- Detecting and blocking spyware, viruses and unwanted adware
- Blocking intruders and identity thieves
- Filtering spam
- Scanning e-mail and instant-message attachments to remove viruses, Trojan horses and worms
"Internet security is important to our Yahoo! users and by working with Symantec we are bringing the comfortable security blanket that their Norton brand services provide to consumers around the world," said Stephen Miller, director, product management, Yahoo!. "Simple, dependable Internet security solutions help give people the peace of mind to keep on enjoying everything they love about the Internet and Yahoo!."
The two companies are offering consumers a complimentary 30-day trial of Norton Internet Security provided by Yahoo!; when the trial period ends, customers can then purchase a full 12-month subscription for a special promotional annual fee of $49.99. The co-branded security suite is available for download at http://downloads.yahoo.com/security. The companies will market the co-branded service throughout the Yahoo! network, including Yahoo! Toolbar, Yahoo! Search and relevant media properties.
"Symantec and Yahoo! share a vision of protecting consumers online and we are thrilled to partner to offer Symantec products to Yahoo!'s audience of hundreds of millions globally," said Enrique Salem, group president, consumer products and solutions, Symantec. "Internet security is a necessity for consumers today. As the leading provider of security solutions for consumers, Symantec services are designed to give consumers the highest degree of protection with the minimum activity required."
In addition to today's launch of Norton Internet Security provided by Yahoo!, Yahoo! and Symantec are working together to offer consumers a range of tools that combine Symantec's powerful Internet security services with other select Yahoo! products to help consumers keep safe online. These services include:
- Norton Spyware Scan for Yahoo! Toolbar - Yahoo! is distributing Symantec's Norton Spyware Scan with Yahoo! Toolbar to help consumers remove unwanted spyware and other programs from their personal computers. Available soon at http://toolbar.yahoo.com.
- Symantec Yahoo! Toolbar - Symantec is distributing a co-branded version of Yahoo! Toolbar with its popular Norton line of consumer security products. The co-branded toolbar gives users fast access to security tools and information, in addition to Yahoo! Search and content. Now available at http://www.symantec.com
- Yahoo! Online Protection now featuring Norton AntiVirus and Norton Personal Firewall - Symantec now provides its leading antivirus and firewall services for Yahoo! Online Protection, an all-in-one security suite that is available through select broadband Internet access partners in several regions, including BT Yahoo! subscribers in the United Kingdom at http://bt.yahoo.com.
- Norton AntiVirus Scan for Yahoo! Mail and HotJobs - Symantec will continue to provide automatic scanning and cleaning of attachments in Yahoo! Mail and resume uploads in HotJobs. Available at http://mail.yahoo.com and http://www.hotjobs.com.
Yahoo! Inc. is a leading global Internet brand and one of the most trafficked Internet destinations worldwide. Yahoo! seeks to provide online products and services essential to users' lives, and offers a full range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect with Internet users around the world. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.