Symantec App Center is designed to make it easy for IT to manage app-centric mobile deployments. With functionality to address the complete lifecycle management of apps and content, from distribution to protection to management, Symantec App Center addresses the needs of all IT stakeholders - enterprise application architects, application developers, information security teams and operations teams.
- App/Data Management and Protection: App Center allows simple app and content deployment, intuitive administrative web portal, on-boarding with email invitations, notification of updates, customized access with tiered privacy controls and integration with enterprise identity and access management systems. Admins can enforce policies for user authentication, re-authentication, data encryption (FIPS 140-2 certified) as well as restrictions on local storage access, off-line access, document sharing and copy/paste and remote selective or complete wipe.
- Integrated MDM: From the central console, administrators can enforce MDM actions such as lock / wipe / ping / dissociate device, limit device functionality and set/rest password complexity rules. It enables devices to access key corporate assets such as email, calendar, and now provides a simple configuration of secure profiles for Enterprise Wi-Fi and VPN. It ensures corporate compliance by enabling advanced security settings on devices.
- Secure Email: App Center enables employee productivity with Symantec Secure Email, a Microsoft ActiveSync-based email app that syncs and stores corporate email. App Center also supports native email apps and other third-party email adds such as Nitrodesk TouchDown™.
- Enterprise App Store: App Center enables self-service distribution of apps to employees and other authorized users with roles-based corporate security and data protection. Apps can be revoked quickly and securely when employees leave the organization or devices are no longer active—with or without managing the mobile device.
- Certificate Management with MPKI: App Center integrates with Symantec MPKI to enable secure management and distribution of certificates to mobile devices. Administrators can also quickly revoke certificates when a user leaves the organization.
- iOS 7 Support: App Center complements and extends iOS 7, giving IT organizations the flexibility to address diverse mobile security needs from a single solution.
- Authentication and Single Sign-on: App Center provides authentication for the App Center portal and wrapped apps, as well as integrated single sign-on functionality for wrapped in-house apps, leveraging popular authentication methods including Active Directory, LDAP, and SAML. It also extends authentication and single sign-on to cloud and wrapped apps through integration with the Symantec Security gateway.
- Secure App Connectivity: App Center can enforce a secure SSL or HTTPS connection for wrapped apps and block apps from going to unauthorized or malicious web sites. This app wrap policy can mandate SSL connection and the presence of trusted certificates to ensure information security for data-in-transit. This prevents data loss and simplifies compliance by controlling app communication, without requiring costly VPN usage.