Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option 7.5 Service Pack 1 Download and Install Guide
|Article:HOWTO85032|||||Created: 2013-08-06|||||Updated: 2013-08-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO85032|
Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) 7.5 Service Pack (SP) 1 Download and Install Guide
Symantec DLO (SDLO) 7.5 SP1 is a newer version of SDLO 7.5. This is a Full Install deployment of the product. The install contains the Full SDLO program and can be installed on a server as a Clean Install or on an existing DLO server as an Upgrade Install.
New Features of this update include Improved Backup Performance and Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 Support. For information about SDLO 7.5 SP1 please see: Symantec DLO (Desktop and Laptop Option) 7.5 SP1 Readme - http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6671
The Install files can be downloaded from:
- Fileconnect - and entering a valid Serial Number
- TrialWare - and scrolling down to the Desktop and Laptop Option section
This is the same download as FileConnect. Entering a License Key will active the product.
Download the appropriate files into a temporary directory:
- For a 64bit Server - Symantec_DLO_75_SP1x64.zip
- For a 32bit Server - Symantec_DLO_75_SP1x86.zip
- DLODBRegcreateU.zip (Required for NetBackup DLO MP4, MP5A, MP6, and MP7 upgrades using the “Remote DLO Database Installation” option.)
Unzip the file to access the ReadMe files and the Setup.exe used for the installation.
SDLO 7.5 SP1 can be Installed as an Upgrade for the following versions:
- Symantec DLO 7.0
- BackupExec-DLO 2010 R3
- NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP7
- For any previous releases of DLO (NetBackup DLO or BackupExec DLO) apart from the versions mentioned above, it will be a stepped upgrade process. An upgrade to one of the versions listed above must be performed first, and then an upgrade to SDLO 7.5 SP1 can be done.
- Run setup.exe to start the installation wizard.
- Click Next.
- Read the license agreement, and the 'I accept the terms in the license agreement' decision.
- Click Next.
- As DLO 7.5 comes with a Dedupe feature, a dialog appears prompting to install the Dedupe Administration Service. If required, select the check box and click Next.
- Proceed with the installation.
- Note: During the installation process, a dialog may appear indicating that the SQL services failed to start. Click Ignore to continue.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish.
Note: If the existing installation is NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP4, MP5, MP5A, MP6, or MP7, and if the DLO database is installed on a remote SQL Server, then refer to the section “Upgrading the DLO Database on Remote SQL Server” in the Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option Administrator’s Guide.
Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option (SDLO) Version 7.5 Administrator's Guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6413
For information about the Compatibility Matrix of supported Server operating systems, Agent operating systems, Office Suites, SQL Servers, and Cluster Platforms, refer to the Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option Compatibility Matrix document.
Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option 7.5 Compatibility Matrix - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205346
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO85032