Installing Symantec System Recovery
|Article:HOWTO93975|||||Created: 2013-11-20|||||Updated: 2014-02-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO93975|
Before you begin, review the system requirements for installing Symantec System Recovery.
See Installing Symantec System Recovery to learn more about the available options.
To install Symantec System Recovery
- Log on to your computer using either the Administrator account or an account with administrator privileges.
- Insert the Symantec System Recovery product DVD into the media drive of the computer.
The installation program starts automatically. If the installation program does not run, type the following command at the command prompt:
Replace <drive> with the drive letter of your media drive.
- On the DVD browser panel, click Installation, and then click Install Symantec System Recovery to start the installation.
- On the License Agreement panel, click I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, install all the features or selected features of Symantec System Recovery.
- On the Destination Folder panel, select a folder where you want to install Symantec System Recovery.
To troubleshoot a problem in Symantec System Recovery after it is installed, it is recommended that you run the partinfo.exe and SMEdump.exe utilities to gather log information. This log information is in clear text. The log file and the .exe utilities are located in the <SSR Installation folder>/Utility folder.
Note: Symantec recommends that only privileged users or an administrator can access the Utility folder. Symantec recommends using AppLocker or Software Restriction Policies (SRP) to allow execution of only signed binaries in Symantec System Recovery. You can enable the SRP or AppLocker options on your Windows operating system.
See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994614.aspx, to learn more about the SRP and Applocker options.
Note: Symantec recommends that you place binaries and libraries in the Symantec System Recovery installation folder. Only privileged users or an administrator should have the rights to access the installation folder.
- On the Installation Review panel, click Install.
- After the installation completes, click Finish to close the installation wizard.
- Restart your computer and select the appropriate license option for Symantec System Recovery.
- Click Run Live Update to check for any product updates or click Launch Easy Setup to open the Easy Setup window when you complete the install process.
(This option is not available in the server versions of Symantec System Recovery.)
- Click Finish.
After Symantec System Recovery is installed, a folder is created with the metadata, and configuration data. The following folder contains the metadata and configuration data:
- For Windows-XP and Windows 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery
- For Windows Vista, Windows 2008, and above: C:\Program Data\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery
Note: Symantec recommends that only privileged users or an administrator have the rights to access this folder. If a non-administrative user is configured to use Symantec System Recovery with the Security Configuration Tool, add the user to this folder's access control list.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO93975