Uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus - A Step by Step Guide
|Article:TECH101665|||||Created: 2006-01-17|||||Updated: 2008-01-31|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101665|
How can Symantec AntiVirus/ Symantec Client Security be removed from a Windows computer.
The fastest and most effective method to remove Symantec AntiVirus is to use the "Add/Remove Programs" entry in the Windows Control Panel. However, Symantec corporate edition products are installed with a default password required to allow the uninstall of the product. The default password is "symantec" (without quotes, case sensitive). However, if you do not know what the password is please see the References section below for information on changing the password.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Removing the Product using Add/Remove Programs
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu
Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Within the Control Panel, run the "Add/Remove Programs" option
- Within Add/Remove Programs, scroll through the list of programs and take a note of any programs called "Symantec" or "Norton"
- Click on the product to be remove, and click on the Remove or Uninstall button. Please note that the picture below is just and example and might be different depending on what products are installed.
- Confirm the uninstall by clicking Yes on the next screen.
- The Removal will now proceed. When it completes, it will prompt for the computer to be restarted. Clicking Yes begins the restart immediately.
If uninstalling using Add/Remove Programs fails or you are unable to change the uninstall password.
Please follow the manual removal steps applicable to your product. See the document below
- Title: 'Manual uninstallation documents for Symantec Client Security products'
Title: 'Changing the password to uninstall Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition clients'
Document ID: 2003022010143248
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101665