How to clear the "Still Infected" status from Reports in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
|Article:TECH102954|||||Created: 2007-01-19|||||Updated: 2013-03-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102954|
You have set the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to send periodic reports regarding the viruses and security risks found on the clients. Previous viruses and security risks have been verifiably removed on the client computers, but the report still lists client machines as "Still Infected". You see a status message advising that the infected status can be cleared via the computer status log, and you want to know how to do that.
Reports received via email or via the Reports section in the SEPM list a "Still Infected" for machines you know are clean.
Clearing the infected status must be manually verified via the SEPM console to ensure the infection/security risk has been handled.
To clear the "Still Infected" status:
- Choose Monitors from the left hand panel, and click on the Logs tab.
- For Log Type, choose Computer Status.
- Choose the appropriate time range, then choose View Log.
- On the report that is generated, select any item that has a red diamond in the first column that has been verified as cleaned.
- Click Clear Infected Status.
Items should no longer be identified as infected.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102954