How to remove Ghost cleanly so that you can reinstall.
|Article:TECH110583|||||Created: 2009-01-25|||||Updated: 2013-10-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110583|
How to remove Ghost cleanly so that you can reinstall
You may be having issues installing or uninstalling and add/remove programs doesn't help.
If you use the Ghost Console, you may want to backup the database prior to uninstalling: http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2007121015451160
- Remove Ghost via Add/Remove Programs.
- Delete the Program Files for Ghost - The default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Ghost.
- Delete the Ghost application data - Default location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Ghost.
- Backup the registry then delete HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec Ghost.
- Reboot the machine and reinstall Ghost.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110583