The query engines that are decommissioned are seen in bv-config
|Article:TECH113483|||||Created: 2007-01-13|||||Updated: 2013-03-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113483|
How to remove the query engines that are decommissioned and that are still seen in bv-Config.
The query engine is uninstalled or the computer on which the query engine was installed no longer exists in the domain. The bv-config still shows the previous query engines.
In the RMS console, open bv-Config.
- Click on Action menu tab.
- Go to ECS and select Edit ECS Database.
- Click Yes for the Warning.
- In the ECS Database Viewer make sure Query Engine database is selected.
- Select the query engine that has been decommissioned and click delete.
- Click OK.
- On the bv-Config pop-up window click Yes to save changes to the Database.
- On the Synchronizing Master Query engine popup window, click on Synchronize.
- Click close to close the window.
In the RMS Console, under bv-Control for Windows, open and modify Connection Databases.
Make sure to remove any decomissioned query engines from the Connection database as well.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113483