Debugging the ESM for Oracle modules
|Article:TECH113805|||||Created: 2007-01-28|||||Updated: 2013-01-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113805|
You have problems installing or configuring the ESM for Oracle modules and you would like to debug the installation.
esmoratpi5 or 6
The esmorasetup does the following:-
- 1. Reads the oratab file, picks up the SID and ORACLE HOME and sets ORACLE_SID & ORACLE_HOME environment variables.
2. It prompts for account & password.
3. Uses the account, password and tries to connect to Oracle database.
4. Once #3 is successful, it creates ESMDBA account, which is later used by modules for connecting to database and querying.
In order to enable debug type logging:
- Create oraenv.dat file in ?/esm/config/? directory.
- Write the following line in oraenv.dat: config DebugFlag 1
The messages & environment variables are logged in /esm/tmp/EsmOracleDebug.dat
The USERNAME & PASSWORD used will also be logged and displayed on the terminal. Please delete the password and any other confidential information before sending the log files for review.
For a full analysis of the issue at hand, gather the messages displayed in the terminal session while running esmorasetup and provide the EsmOracleDebug.dat file.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH113805