Popup Message: "The Inline Default Gateway address is configured incorrectly. Please verify that it resides on the WAN interface side of the Web Gateway"
|Article:TECH122977|||||Created: 2010-01-03|||||Updated: 2012-02-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH122977|
In the SWG web interface, when you click Administration -> Configuration and then click the Network tab, you see the following pop-up message in your browser:
The Inline Default Gateway address is configured incorrectly. Please verify that it resides on the WAN side of the Web Gateway or
The Inline Default Gateway is not found. Please verify that it resides on the WAN side of the Web Gateway
You seek steps for resolving this behavior.
The most probable causes are:
- The traffic is not actually passing through the SWG.
- The type of traffic passing through SWG does not match with the settings imposed to the Inline interface (VLAN trunk).
In order to solve the problem make sure the following activities are successful:
- In the SWG web interface, clicking on the Test button beside Test connectivity to the Symantec Threat Center results in the message Appliance Serial No. <> ID <> Contacted Symantec Threat Center successfully.
- Check the Administration -> Configuration screen and confirm that Default Gateway is set to the intended host and is not pointing somewhere else.
- If the Inline Interface is not installed into a trunk interface, confirm the option Web Gateway is installed in trunk interface is disabled. If SWG has been deployed into a trunk interface, please check this article:
- In the SWG interface, you are able to test email without error.
- Check the actual default gateway host (firewall, router) to confirm whether it has failed over or is experiencing an issue.
- If the previous step doesn't indicate problems, check to see if a network change has occurred that causes traffic to bypass the SWG Appliance
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH122977