Recommended procedure for moving a Control Center/Scanner appliance to a new network
|Article:TECH131903|||||Created: 2010-01-22|||||Updated: 2013-03-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131903|
You would like to move an existing Control Center / Scanner environment to a new subnet or network.
1. Move the appliance to the new network.
2. Run "delete osconfig" (for version 8.x and earlier run "clear osconfig")
3. The appliance will reboot.
4. You will be able to configure new network settings during the bootstrap proceedure.
(NOTE: This is covered in the SMG Installation Guide section "Starting the appliance software set up" -page 31)
5. Open Control Center on the new IP and update the Ethernet tab with the new IP settings (this is required to keep the appliance from reverting back to the old IP scheme)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131903