A. To which versions of Symantec Enterprise Vault (tm) can this hotfix be applied?
1. This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange:
Enterprise Vault 8 SP2 and all later service packs e.g. Enterprise Vault 8 SP2; SP3; SP4 etc.
B. What issues does this hotfix resolve?
1. Retrospectively fixes the issue where MigratorServer creates a new Archive Folder with the name "Top of Information Store", if one already exists for the archive in a language other than English.
Note: As this is a retrospective fix, the hotfix will need to be run again if further PSTs are imported to the affected mailboxes
C. Which file does this Hotfix replace?
1. No files are replaced as this is a retrospective, rather than a preventative, fix
D. How to install this hotfix
1. Installation Instructions
a. Stop all EnterpriseVault Archiving Tasks
b. Create a new folder on the EV server and copy the script to it
c. Run the Script (see the instructions below for running the EVFolderUpdater.vbs script)
d. Start all EnterpriseVault Archiving Tasks
e. Run Synchronization to Update Folder Hierarchy and Permissions
2. Instruction for Running the EVFolderUpdater.vbs
a. Edit EVFolderUpdater.vbs with notepad and replace <User Name> and <Password> in with the UserName and Password of the Vault Service Account
b. Check if the language of the affected mailbox is present in the array LanguageTOIS in EVFolderUpdater.vbs (line number 24). If not, add the new Language to the LanguageTOIS by following the instructions mentioned at the end of the LanguageTOIS array initialization (line number 90).
c. Open a command prompt and change the directory to the folder into which the script was copied and run:
CScript.exe EVFolderUpdater.vbs /s:<Directory Database SQL Server Name Here> /d:<Enterprise Vault Directory Database Name Here>