Please see the Attachment section in this article for the Migration packages for Migration 7.1.5359, 7.1.6797 (7.1 MP1), 7.1.6851 (7.1 SP1), 7.1.8280 (7.1 SP2), and 7.1.8400 (7.1 SP2 MP1).
Steps to install:
Note: These steps will use SMP 7.1 SP1 as example.
1. Install SIM 7.1.194 or current version and choose to install SMP 7.1 SP1 and Migration.
2. MigrationWizard IRC prevents installation.
3. Close SIM, download the package 'Symantec_Install_Package_SMP_7_1_SP1_6851.zip' locally and execute.
4. SIM should be pointing automatically to the product listing provided by the install package. If not:
a) Open SIM and under Settings>Change Product Listing, Navigate to folder where package was extracted, find symantec.pl.xml.zip and point SIM to it.
5. Install Migration SP1 only.
6. Configure SIM to point to shipping PL and install SMP 7.1 SP1. Do not select Migration or you will run into the IRC again.
7. When install has finished, reconfigure Migration.
For copies of the files for 7.1.8280 (7.1 SP2) and 7.1.8400 (7.1 SP2 MP1), please see the attached "Migration_Package_7_1_SP2_8280.zip" and "Migration_Package_7_1_SP2_MP1_8400.zip"
Steps to install:
- Download the version that you need and extract the file.
- You will notice 4 exe files. Select the one that you need according to the OS (x86 or x64). The ones with "silence" means that no UI will be displayed during the installation.
- Since these Migration Wizard files were installed outside of SIM (without using a Product Listing entry), SIM will not display it as installed but it will be fully functional. You will need to lunch the Migration Wizard using "NSUpgradeWizard.exe" under "..\Program Files\Altiris\Upgrade" folder.
- When you are ready to upgrade to a newer version of the Migration wizard, SIM will remove the previous version and set the proper information in the 'Installed Products' page in SIM.