Object Reference error is thrown when configuring Write components generated using the XML Schema Generator
|Article:TECH175723|||||Created: 2011-11-29|||||Updated: 2013-07-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175723|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
In Workflow Manager, when you create an Integration Project and select the Schema Generator, you should be able to add input variables.
Following are the steps that generate the error:
- In Workflow Manager, create an Integration Project.
- Select XML Schema Generator.
- In the wizard, add a .xsd file (attached 'cattype.xsd' file was used).
- Proceed with the wizard and click Finish at the end.
- Compile the generator.
Two components (Read and Write) are generated.
- In a Decision type project, import the integration project and add the two components in Workflow Designer.
- Edit the newly generated Write... component.
- In the Input Variable field, click [...]
No error should be thrown, and you should be able to add the input variable.
When you click [...] to add an input variable, the Object Reference error is thrown. In the Unexpected Exception dialog box, you see the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Workflow 7.1 SP2
The generator lets you add templates. To work around the error, add the attached template (XmlWriterComponent.vm) and set it
as the default for the Write component.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175723