Veritas Enterprise Administrator Service fails to start with error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.
|Article:TECH176666|||||Created: 2011-12-11|||||Updated: 2014-03-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH176666|
Veritas Enterprise Administrator console can't be launched as Veritas Enterprise Administrator service fails to start with error message "The process terminated unexpectedly".
There are a number of possibilities that this issue can be seen. The error that is visible when trying to start the service is a generic Windows server message about failing to start the service. This can include:
- Dependant services may not start, check that any service dependencies are started.
- After modifying storage such as array firmware, presenting more LUNs the service may
- fault during a provider operation (check application event log for faulting messages)
- appear to hang as provider operations take a longer time
- If the service fails to start and the error happens quickly (no more than a few seconds) then it may signal an issue with the VEA service itself
Service manager error:
Error in vxisis.log:
Storage Foundation for Windows ver. 5.x
Windows 2003 Server
This issue is caused by a dll belonging to a different version of SFW.
Navigate to folder:
c:\Program Files\Veritas\VERITAS Object Bus\bin and find file vxxml.dll. Compare the file version and size with the same file on another working server with the same SFW version. If the library size or version is different then please replace it with the copy from working installation.
Alternatively the file can be extracted from SFW install binaries by running:
msiexec /a vrtsob.msi and by specifying the temporary path ie. C:\Temp.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH176666