How to manually migrate a Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) Database to the new Symantec DLO 7.0
|Article:TECH186484|||||Created: 2012-04-13|||||Updated: 2013-11-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186484|
Backup Exec DLO was uninstalled and the BE_DLO.mdf needs to be migrated to the new version of Symantec DLO 7.0.
Steps to be followed:
Create a backup of the BE-DLO database files, BE_DLO.mdf and BE_DLO_log.LDF.
- Install Symantec DLO 7.0 on a server class machine and select local SQL database instance.
- DO NOT launch the Symantec DLO Console when installation finishes.
- Stop Symantec DLO DB Service "SQL Server (DLO)".
- Rename the newly created Symantec DLO database files, DLO.mdf and DLO_Log.LDF that are located in the ..\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Data folder by adding a .sav extension to them.
- Copy the BE-DLO database files into the Symantec DLO data folder ..\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Data.
- Rename BE_DLO.mdf file to DLO.mdf and BE_DLO_Log.LDF file to DLO_Log.LDF file.
- Start the Symantec DLO DB services "SQL Server (DLO)".
- Run the SQL upgrade scripts available in install path ..\Symantec\Symantec DLO. Go to a command prompt and change to the \Symantec\Symantec DLO folder and run the following commands.
- osql -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\DLO -dDLO -iDLODBUpgrade20.sql -o logfilename20.log
- osql -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\DLO -dDLO -iDLODBUpgrade30.sql -o logfilename30.log
- osql -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\DLO -dDLO -iDLODBUpgrade.sql -o logfilename1.log
NOTE: logfilename20.log, logfilename30.log and logfilename1.log contain the output result of the Data base upgrade.
- Restart the Symantec DLO DB service, "SQL Server (DLO)" and the Symantec DLO Admin and Maintenance services.
- Launch the Symantec DLO 7.0 console.
- If the services do not start, run a repair of DLO.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186484