Batch conversion of Scan Engine (SSE) 5.2.x and Protection Engine (SPE) 7.0.x LOG and DAT files into CSV format
|Article:TECH194593|||||Created: 2012-08-08|||||Updated: 2013-11-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194593|
This article describes how to perform a batch conversion of Scan Engine (SSE) 5.2.x and Protection Engine (SPE) 7.0.x LOG and DAT files into Comma Separated Values format.
Supported Scan Engine versions: 5.2.8, 5.2.10, 5.2.11, 5.2.13, 5.2.14, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2
In order for this tool to run, please make sure that the "java.exe" executable is added to the %PATH% system environment variable.
- Download the attachment below
- Extract the file to a new folder - password is "symc"
- Copy your SSE/SPE log files (SSEyyyymmdd.log) into the corresponding "LOGS" subfolder of the target version
- Once the SSEyyyymmdd.log files are copied, open the Windows command prompt
- On the command prompt, cd to the target version's root folder (which is not the contained LOGS subfolder)
- Execute logconv.bat
- Wait until the message "Done" is shown. The resulting CSV files are saved in the LOGS subfolder
Scan Engine "statistics" DAT files are already in CSV format and can just be easily renamed with CSV extension.
However, in versions prior to 5.2.11, the headers are in an erroneous format.
Therefore, it is recommended to use only Scan Engine versions equal or above 5.2.11.
Alternatively, please refer to the articles listed in the "Related Articles" section of this page.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194593