User authentication fails when Symantec App Center is configured to use SAML as the external IDP
|Article:TECH203200|||||Created: 2013-02-25|||||Updated: 2013-07-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203200|
Administrator sets up SAML as the external identity provider in Symantec App Center; however, user authentication fails.
This knowledge base article applies only to SAML configurations that are not integrated with Symantec O3.
Use the following suggestions to troubleshoot this issue:
- Verify that the content within your metadata file is accurate and consist with the SAML provider
- Entity ID
- X509 cert content
- SAML attributes
- Verify your App Center SAML configuration settings
- SP Entity ID must match the metadata and what is configured on the SAML provider
- The attributes in the Admin Console on the Settings > Authentication Options page must match the corresponding SAML attributes
- Time on the App Center must be synchronized with the SAML provider time. If the time differs for more than 5 minutes, authentication fails.
- Look for errors in the appstore.log
- Set Debug=True in the App Center settings_local.py to get more information
For more information, see SAML external identity provider (IDP) - Enterprise support solutions
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203200