Error When Attempting to Display Mobile Management Reports
|Article:TECH203532|||||Created: 2013-03-05|||||Updated: 2013-04-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203532|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After installing Reporting Services for Mobile Management for Configuration Manager 2007, you attempt to run one of the reports and receive an error.
An error occurred when the report was run. The details are as follows:
Linked servers cannot be used under impersonation without a mapping for the impersonated login.
Error Number: -2147217900
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Native Error: 7437 "
Symantec Mobile Management for Configuration Manager 2007 7.2 SP1
MS SQL 2008, 2008 R2
This issue is a SQL permissions problem with the user that runs the report.
On the SQL server that hosts the Athena database for reports, in SQL Server Management Studio:
- Select Databases, select the Athena database.
- Expand "Security" and "Logins".
- Create a new login for the Athena database.
- Set the User Mapping to the Athena database as dbo.
- Click "OK".
- Select "Server Objects", select "Linked Servers".
- Right-click "SMMLinkedServer" and select "Properties".
- On the "Security" page, click the "Add" button.
- For Local server login, select a Windows user that will need to run the reports in the Configuration Manager console.
- Select the button "Be made using this security context".
- For Remote login and password, enter the Athena database user and password you created above.
- Click OK when finished.
- Close any open instances of the Configuration Manager console and open it.
- Re-run any of the reports.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203532