How to configure Control Compliance Suite, CCS, use with for MS Exchange in Exchange 2007 / 2010.
|Article:TECH204291|||||Created: 2013-03-25|||||Updated: 2014-12-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204291|
How to configure bv-control for MS Exchange in Exchange 2007 / 2010 environment
CCS RMS 10.5.1 and above
MS Exchange 2007
MS Exchange 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007.
- Configure Microsoft Outlook profile with service account used for configuring Bv-Control for Exchange on CCS RMS Server.
- Bv-Control for Exchange service account should have below privileges on exchange environment:
Exchange 2003 : Domain Admin.
Exchange 2007 : Exchange organization Administrator
Exchange 2010 : Organization Administrator.
- Click on bv-control for Exchange and select Configuration.
- Specify credential in credential database for bv-control for MS Exchange.
- On Exchange Software Support Checks screen click on Perform Checks. Verification should complete successfully. Verify Exchange 2000/2003 move mailbox (CDO) support on local machine is not support for 2007 and 2010 and click Next
- On connecting Exchange server and Active Directory screen : Specify Global Catalog server for exchange domain and click on validate, validation should be successful (this validation will verify exchange version installed in enviourment and exchange organization name).
- Click Next
- On Default Exchange Server screen:
- Specify default server : Mailbox server name where bv-c exchange service account mailbox located.
- Mailbox : bv-c exchange service account mailbox name.
- Outlook 2010 is partially supported for Bv-Control for exchange.
- If CCS RMS is installed on windows 2008 then it is recommended to disable UAC (User Access Control)
- Exchange 2010 enviourment with CAS Array is supported with CCS RMS 10.5.1 PCU 2012-2 and above version
- Specify the CAS or CAS array name in default server box if exchange 2010 is installed in enviourment.
- In Exchange 2007 / 2010 mixed mode setup, bv-Control for Exchange service account mailbox should be on exchange 2010 mailbox server.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204291