Symantec App Center 4.1.16
|Article:TECH210452|||||Created: 2013-09-10|||||Updated: 2013-09-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210452|
If you are a current SaaS customer, your tenant was automatically updated to 4.1.16 (note: you and your end users must still update the App Center App and your wrapped apps accordingly). If you use an on-premise version of Symantec App Center and have not received the latest update, you can download it from File Connect. The .iso file is available approximately one week to 10 days after the SaaS release date.
The issues addressed in these release notes may or may not be relevant depending on the features that are included with your license.
This version of Symantec App Center is a minor update that contains the following:
- Additional functionality was re-engineered since the 4.1.15 release to ensure that App Center works as designed on iOS 7
- Configuration of Symantec Secure Email on iOS 7
- Modifications to app policies to include the ability to block the following:
- AirDrop file sharing
- Multi-peer file sharing
- AirPrint file printing
- Social Media file sharing (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Adding files to Safari reading list
- Support for Android 4.3. and for the App Center App on Intel® Atom™ brand (Atom support is for MDM only, not app wrapping)
- Critical bug fixes
The following are late-breaking issues that occurred since the Release Notes were posted:
Release Notes have been updated with the following changes:
- What's New: Includes a screenshot of new options available in 4.1.16.
- Knowledge base articles related to this Symantec App Center release: Contains two additional KBs.
- Symantec App Center system requirements: RHEL/CENTOS include 5.9 support
- Upgrading to Symantec App Center 4.1.16: The process includes a new, optional step 3 to modify your app policies.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210452