Error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (.Net SqlClient Data Provider): Invalid object name
|Article:TECH211912|||||Created: 2013-10-25|||||Updated: 2013-10-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211912|
The issues seen from this issue vary greatly depending on the object missing however some of the following could occur.
- Console pages do not load
- reports fail to run
- solutions are not working as expected
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (.Net SqlClient Data Provider): Invalid object name 'Name here'
The causes also vary but typically relate back to an issue during the installation or an upgrade.
Perform the following steps:
- Search for 'Invalid object name' in the Altiris logs to get the name of the Table, View or Function that is missing.
- Create the missing object
- Search the knowledge base for the specific object in the error to verify it is not a distinct or known issue. Follow steps there if they exist
- If possible get the syntax to create the missing object from another server of the same version
- Run a repair of the solution if it is evident what one it is from the name
- Contact Symantec Technical support for assistance
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211912