Perform the following steps
1. Find out which file the user is trying to access and prepare to access the file
2. In the SPE console go to Monitors - Local logging level and change to Verbose and click the Apply/Save icons to the upper left.
3. Then under Reports - Detailed - press CTRL+A to check mark all options and Apply/Save.
4. Create a folder on your desktop called Symevidence
5. Try to access the problematic file and wait for the error message to appear. This can be done several times to ensure it´s clearly logged.
6. Note down the exact time when this occurred and type it down in a seperate .txt file and put this file in the Symevidence folder
7. Ensure the Date/Time range from is correct
8. Click "Generate Report" and save the report to the Symevidence folder
9. It´s also possible to click on "Export (CSV)" and save the file to the Symevidence folder
10. Compress the Symevidence folder to Symevidence.zip and submit it to Symantec Technical Support.
These 2 reports should include the debug logging necessary from the \program files\symantec\scan engine\log directory and the access failure to the specific file should be visible in the reports. Don´t forget to change the logging level back to Warning to prevent the disk space from filling up.